Pages

Thursday 8 April 2010

Shared Joy

I have a bit of a plan forming for this blogging lark. I am keeping a separate diary of ideas about BDSM which I can dip into when I feel the urge to share something.

But what I didn't expect was to be inspired to write by the comments I received back from my posts.

This is part of what was put up by Florida Dom to my first post.

"If you don't mind me giving my two cents worth, remember that what counts is what works for the two of you. There's no formula. What you read in other blogs may not work for the two of you. Remember, this is not a contest with other couples in the lifestyle. It's for your enjoyment.

And you have the tougher job in the relationship. She just has to submit. You have to take charge and insist she obey to bring out her submissive side. And you should push her limits. She may be more submissive than even she realizes. On the other hand, you want to stick with what works for both of you."

I'll be honest that it made me quite angry at first. Who was this stranger commenting on my life. How do they know what I need, what my partner needs. I wanted to respond straight away but I'm glad I didn't. On re-reading Florida Dom's comment I think I have recognised Their intention; to share a joy for BDSM; and an attempt to condense a mass of experience into a few choice words. There enthusiasm floweth over.

So Thank you Florida Dom for sharing your enthusiasm with me. I don't think I am the kind of person who is going to find this community an easy place to exist, but the kindness and support that I have seen on s's and others Blogs
can only help.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging is an interesting thing.

    I started blogging to understand myself through the process of putting it all in words.

    I found community -- which was comforting.

    When I read FD's comment on your blog -- I agreed with him -- but for different reasons. My understanding from S's blog is that you're both new to the D/s world -- which means that you have not only the responsibilty for creating/controlling this environment -- but you also have to do it while learning new skills that will ensure that you keep her safe.

    I don't envy you

    being a sub is difficult. But I watch Mr C struggle with making sure he hits the right balance -- it's a difficult responsibility.

    I hope this blog gives you whatever you want from it -- even if it's just to organize your thoughts

    sfp

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sfp said!

    turiya (a.k.a. spirited)

    ReplyDelete